what is the point....?

so you think buying an Irish number plate, and arranging it in some way that vaguely resembles your name, is a noble way of being different?

How could I comment ? I don't own an Irish plate. I don't need to rearrange anything, it is my name, or at least my nickname. My plate is legally spaced and there are no numbers trying to look like letters or vice versa.

You assume too much my friend.

Sponsored Links

i merely seek the logic in why people would spend money on a number plate.

you said it is to be different.

surely there as less banal ways to be different. i mean, using a car - to be different. for heavens sake. :rolleyes:

I live in a suburb of Liverpool, (yeah, yeah go on get the jokes out the way and lets carry on :LOL: ), and in the locality there is a Merc with the reg BO55 MUM and a Bentley, (yes a Bentley), with the reg BO55 DAD

Now what does that say? :confused:

Sponsored Links
surely there as less banal ways to be different. i mean, using a car - to be different. for heavens sake

Banal in your opinion. Thankfully I have a mind of my own and can make decisions without seeking the acceptance of others. I am quite sure there are things you do/say/buy that I would find 'banal'. It's what makes us individual.

i merely seek the logic in why people would spend money on a number plate.

It's simple. I wanted one and I could afford it. I used the same principle when I bought my TV, my house, my groceries etc etc etc

I must say it does make me chuckle, because tradespeople have the monopoly on private plates. I have lost count of the number of plumbers vans I have seen with 'GAS' on the plate.

There are two Bentleys in liverpool that aren't stolen?
Mutley_laughing.gif

so you think buying an Irish number plate, and arranging it in some way that vaguely resembles your name, is a noble way of being different?

How could I comment ? I don't own an Irish plate. I don't need to rearrange anything, it is my name, or at least my nickname. My plate is legally spaced and there are no numbers trying to look like letters or vice versa.

Ah the old nickname trick, cant afford the real deal so give yourself a name to suit the plate

Ah the old nickname trick, cant afford the real deal so give yourself a name to suit the plate

You really live up to your forum name Crystal Ball. :rolleyes:

It's a nickname based on my surname that I have had since primary school. Circa 1977. Even my wife calls me by my nickname, very few people do otherwise.

Someone who buys a numberplate with random letters on it, and then changes their name to suit is a fool.

You really live up to your forum name Crystal Ball. :rolleyes:

It's a nickname based on my surname that I have had since primary school. Circa 1977. Even my wife calls me by my nickname, very few people do otherwise.

Someone who buys a numberplate with random letters on it, and then changes their name to suit is a fool.

How dare you call me a fool

Regards

WX55 SSG

I don't mind that are "accidentals" and spaced correctly and in the correct font however I saw one in Slough that showed as BILLIE, the last E was a 3 the wrong way round with proper verticals on the Bs. Hope he has a spare for the MOT. Question, what is the correct registration????

i can not fathom, the time it takes to envisage how it would be different or special to have a number plate that resembled a nick name.

bearing in mind this is on a....

...car!.

vanity and self-importance aside, do people really enjoy it? i mean, come on! you must feel a little bit uncomfortable, a bit like the hair dresser syndrome with sporty cabriolets.

Sponsored Links
Back