what is the problem with this house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been looking at a proberty today its a good price its a row of 6,,,,,, its the end house 50 years old aprox ex council,, but previosly bought,,, the top half of the house is rendered its in poor conditionwere the render as come away it looks as all the brick work is spaled away the depth is apoxx,,,,,, 1 1/2 it looks like frost damage ,, how ever it looks as its been done so the top half of the render comes flush with the bottom half of the house which is brick and the other houses look the same but can not see becase they have the render intact,,,, what can have happened ???? it was easy to see that at the bottom of the house,,, were it was plane brick work i spoted at least 60 spalled bricks about 3/4 inch off,,,, would frost have caused this ??? is it a rebuild or jost render needed

Sponsored Links
Can you stick some photos up? If the faces have blown it could indicate frost damage/poor batch of brick but if you stick some photos up it would help.

Sponsored Links
i think your right it would indicate poor bricks as only the tophalf is rendered which when they stated blowing the council just rendered over,,, as said its blown off approx 1 1/2 which only leaves 3 inch external skin, i don't know but it may require a rebuild ,, in which case i think i will give it a miss

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back