what is the weight of sectional concrete garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one help i have bought a sectional concrete garage and i need to know what i need to carry this home what is the weight of the garage approx and can one man carry each section the garage is 10ft wide and 15ft long

Sponsored Links
1. A trailer or large van
2. probably more than 1 trip
3. unless you are Mr universe I would say each section is a 2 man lift.

Sponsored Links
If it's a corry asbestos roof, then you have other issues to consider. ie: getting a new roof, and safely disposing of the old. On no account should you refit the asb sheets back on.

What's the fleabay listing so we can have a gander?

Nothing there to say its on Fleabay.

Perhaps the OP can ask the seller?
Or look for similar sized garages online & see what the total weight is there to get an idea.

Put it this way, it will take lots of dodgy trips if all you got is an estate car :D

110387165743 listing number

i think it has a metal roof but i live a bit away from the garage so i need it pick up in one will a van and trailor or a 7.5 tonner needed or bigger

Nothing there to say its on Fleabay.

ahhh, knew it ;)

Bargain! Slightly offset by the additional cost of transportation.

Flatbed truck will do it, doesn't have to be a long one, tail lift will be a massive boon, as will some sort of pallet truck/handcart to shift the panels.

Prolly add about £150 - £200 to the cost of your garage, plus fuel if it's a long journey.

Does look like asb to me, if it's a 1980's garage I'd say defo. Do a search on here for asbestos roof, lots of people asking how to remove these safely. Half decent masks and avoiding breakage will see you ok.

The panels will weigh approximately 2.4 tonnes/m³. Would guess they are in the order of 50mm thick, so per metre run will weigh about 1/4 tonne = say 3.5 tonne for three sides, plus roof bits and pieces and door, say 4 tonne all up.

We call ebay - fleabay :D

It looks like a bargain, and it's only 25 mins away from me.

With 2 spare roof panels too :D

You will need 2 to dismantle it at least, it is very likely that the bolts will all need cropping & replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back