what is this brown goop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy a magnaclean, they're great :) in conjuction with your flushing and chemical cleaner

All the time you're flushing and cleaning, they will grab any passing black sediment, and will continue grabbing it as long as it's circulating, long after you've put it all back together.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=632850#632850

Sponsored Links
Excellent idea, and it's reassuring to see that the original poster on that other thread had virtually the same problem as me, so I'm not alone! I'll look for a Magnaclean and some flushing agents. Thanks guys.

You must try not to forget to take your memory pills :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
When a system gets that bad you're on a hiding to nothing. You'll have rust and magnetite in all the pipework, every radiator, stuffing up the pump, and sitting on MZV balls. Like a particularly muddy pair of rugby shorts, it will take several washes and rinses to get even most of the crud out. Since it's summertime you'd be well advised to take each rad off (be wary of the evil black) and rinse it through in the garden.

I'd resign myself to a couple of seasons of repeated draining, chemical cleansing, . You have exactly the kind of system for which the Magnaclean was invented.

BTW, MB-1 and the like won't achieve anything in a dirty system, so don't throw your money away before it's a good deal cleaner.

All complete rubbish. Open vented systems are prone to corrosion within & without due to the fact air enters your system at one time or another & does what it says on the tin, it corrodes your system from the insides. Your best bet is to convert to a sealed system. Combi or unvented cylinder ;) Hey Asswipes! Magnaclean don`t cut it with a conventional system when the damage has been done for probably 20 years. :rolleyes:

Think about it & get back to me. ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
All complete rubbish.
None of it is rubbish. You claim to be, predominantly, an installer and RGI, so you don't get to see the state of very many systems. If you say that you do, then I have to question your basis and motive for (a) being contradictory, and (b) being contradictory in a particularly unpleasant and unconstructive way.

Open vented systems are prone to corrosion within & without due to the fact air enters your system at one time or another & does what it says on the tin, it corrodes your system from the insides.
I see plenty of clean systems and plenty of dirty ones. Some clean ones have no inhibitor, and some dirty ones appear to have had inhibitor. Incorrect pipework design is often the cause of corrosion.

Your best bet is to convert to a sealed system.
Please explain why this is the best for the OP.

Combi or unvented cylinder ;) Hey Asswipes! Magnaclean don`t cut it with a conventional system when the damage has been done for probably 20 years. :rolleyes:
Nobody has said that you can reverse the damage, but you can halt its march, and you can haul out the debris in the system to prevent it blocking valves and wearing out the circulating pump.

[
quote="Softus"]
Bambergaspipe said:
None of it is rubbish. You claim to be, predominantly, an installer and RGI, so you don't get to see the state of very many systems. :LOL:

I am an installer which makes your above statement ludicrous.

Incorrect pipework design is often the cause of corrosion.

You are blundering into a cataclysmic error of your own making. I won`t correct you on your last statement. I`ll let you ponder for a while until the height of your ignorance pervades your littlle pompous brain. Think about your last statement.

I can`t really be bothered with the rest. I`m pretty tired. But if you are very lucky I may present my opinions once again. You never know ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
Softus said:
Bambergaspipe said:
None of it is rubbish. You claim to be, predominantly, an installer and RGI, so you don't get to see the state of very many systems. :LOL:
I am an installer which makes your above statement ludicrous.
Please explain what is ludicrous about it.

Incorrect pipework design is often the cause of corrosion.
You are blundering into a cataclysmic error of your own making. I won`t correct you on your last statement.
Please explain the error.

I`ll let you ponder for a while until the height of your ignorance pervades your littlle pompous brain. Think about your last statement.
Please explain why you feel the need to get personal.

I can`t really be bothered with the rest. I`m pretty tired. But if you are very lucky I may present my opinions once again. You never know ;)
Your hot-headed and ill-considered forum postings do you no favours - they let you down, they let the forum down, and they let the industry down.

You've presented your opinions about heating engineering before, and were shown to be fundamentally wrong, and felt the need to apologise for it. You would do well to remember that.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=393879#393879

You've presented your opinions about heating engineering before, and were shown to be fundamentally wrong, and felt the need to apologise for it. You would do well to remember that.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=393879#393879
[/quote]

feel free to bring up the one occasion that I was wrong. Big deal. It`s the only argument that you have isn`t it? A little tired though. Everytime I slap you down this is your only retaliation

You are a Loser. Sorry :cry:

You would do well to remember that I am now a Commercial heating Engineer. Remember that plastic plumber. ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
feel free to bring up the one occasion that I was wrong.
There are many - that was merely one of the most conspicuous ones.

Everytime I slap you down this is your only retaliation
Mostly I ignore you, but I'm curious to know in what why you consider to have slapped anyone down. :D

You are a Loser. Sorry :cry:
You seem to be incapable of stringing together a coherent post without passing personal comment.

You would do well to remember that I am now a Commercial heating Engineer.
Ah, I get it - your recent spate of noisy posts is all about you gaining some new qualification. Well, congratulations.

The big question is: are you able to put your new knowledge to any use, for example in helping the people who post their problems on the forum?
:idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back