What is this in the hinge used for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hinges on my doors include this which seems (at least to me) to serve little purpose - Thought it might allow hinge adjustment but can't see how it works. Not needed for any adjustment at present just asking for future reference.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
I think the square plate rotates with the aid of a screw driver in the slot after loosening centre screw, the raised dot marks position and can be moved to the 0,+1 or +2 positions.

I think the square plate rotates with the aid of a screw driver in the slot after loosening centre screw, the raised dot marks position and can be moved to the 0,+1 or +2 positions.
Thanks, yes. But I'm not sure what effect it has on the door alignment by doing this? Especially as the screws above/below are fixed? Is it something used at installation time only?

Attachments

• IMG_0204.JPG
    IMG_0204.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 56
As above on the squares centres for adjusting toe but you also need a cranking bar to adjust hinges left an right youo see these hinges on cheap door setts used in new builds normally

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back