what kind of pump can I use with a combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
to boost hot water in shower? Keeps cutting out, plumber says no to pump with combi but what about the new Salamander Home boost?

Sponsored Links
The Homeboost boosts the incoming main, you could fit one of these as it would act upstream of the Combi, boosting both hot & cold water pressure/flow, however you don't state what your current flow rate & dynamic pressure actually is, if flow and pressure is that poor, it beggars belief that anyone would fit a Combi in the first place!! ;)

If you dont tell us your current flow rate ( dynamic if poss ) then we cannot advise you!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry I haven't a clue as they say, but I will ask my plumber on Friday, many thanks for your willingness to help.

Good afternoon,

Our Homeboost will work if you have a low mains flow rate of between 3l/min and 12l/min by trying its best to bring your mains flow rate up to 12l/min, which it the legal maximum you can draw from the mains.

If you are wanting more than 12/l min you would need to install a break tank holding sufficient storage for your property and use a set of negative head pumps pumping from the cistern. One pump would boost the cold water around the property and the other would replicate mains water to the combi.

Regards

Thanks for this! I am seeing my plumber tomorrow to discuss, but he did say there isn't a pump for combi boilers and I fear I am going to have a job convincing him about a new product that nobody seems to have heard of! Any testimonials from other clients or plumbers who have fitted these would help.

I cant be seen to be advertising but if you contact a certain manufacturer (clues in my username :rolleyes: ) and ask to speak with the tech team "they" can go through your options. I think "they" have a Homeboost video for an idea of how the pump works and will be on the website if you google Homeboost and the manufacturers name.

Cherpel listen to kvsalamander he works for them and knows what he is talking about , its very doubtfull if your plumber has any where near as much knowledge as Ken I would certainly never doubt him

Where has the OP's plumbert been hiding for years!! Cold Water Booster sets are hardly new technology we maintain CWB sets manufactured in the 50's & 60's and indeed the water main network is maintained by Cold water Booster Pumps!! :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back