What kind of push fit is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What push fit system is this? Is it demountable? If so, how?

Thanks for your help.
IMG_1865.JPG

Sponsored Links
That's Hep. Easy to dismount, just un-screw and pull out the pipe. There will be an o ring and ring with metal teeth you need to remove too.

Thanks. I thought it was hep but that all looks different these days.

Will I be able to reuse it? I want to replace the copper end.

Hmmmm, could be PolyP, Hep grey has a different 3 slot grip pattern on the ends methinks? I need to get out more ;)

Sponsored Links
Definite is ployplumb then, well done.

So it looks like I need to get a component pack to remake the copper end.

Just a different make of elbow, maybe a Hep or JG. That being said if it is polypipe too then may be best to go with their own fittings.

That's why I asked really, not sure about mixing makes.

I think I'm just going to cut the copper and solder on to it and leave that push fit well alone.

Depends what you are wanting to do I guess and what the pipe is for. Obviously a plastic push fit doesn't do well when soldering close to it. You could use a compression fitting on it, just get an insert for the plastic that is a good fit and use copper olives. You do need to be careful though if there is a downward pull on that plastic pipe

if i dismantle the polyplumb at theplastic end, will the pipe be clean enough to put into a speedfit? or will i need to cut the end off? I don't want to make it much shorter.

It's DHW at the kitchen sink. I've no idea why the builder did it like this. The copper goes up and has a slight bend in it to take it more vertical but in the new kitchen it will foul on the side of the carcase so the whole lot need to move to the right 3"

Depends on the grab ring and how it's dug into the pipe. If it's just a straight coupler you're putting on it to allow an extra piece of pipe to take it to the right a bit then I'd look at using a compression with a little PTFE over the olive to overcome any marks on the pipe. Another push fit's seal may have issues if the pipe is marked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back