What makes people think what they think? ... Daily Hate ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are newspapers reporting events and feelings, or are they manipulating readers to believe and act in ways that support the owners and editor ulterior motives? An interesting talk on how newspapers operate - mostly, how they totally lie!

Sponsored Links
At 16.15 you see some truly shocking examples that they would not consider valid complaints.

If you should ever think that what you see, what you read & what you hear doesn't influence you, then please explain to me how the advertising industry has survived for over 100yrs.

Newspapers in this country have always had a political bias.

If they simply reported facts, then they wouldnt sell enough copies.

I guess there is a level of confirmation bias, a staunch Labour voter is not likely to read the Daily Mail or Telegraph and a staunch Tory voter is unlikely to read the Guardian or Mirror.

With the rise of social media, there is a whole new medium to interact with the public and probably young people read the news on their iphone not from a paper.

Are more lies told now by the media? I dont know, its always been terrible. Remember 'Freddie Starr ate my hamster' Max Clifford certainly made up plenty of stories. and then there was the Sunday sport: 'world war 2 bomber found on moon'

Sponsored Links
Funny that you mention the Sunday Sport - they received the fewest complaints out of all the papers listed, maybe that means they are the most reliable!

That's really depressing, Notch.

Both because of what you say and your seeming acceptance of such a dire situation.

It may not matter about Freddie Starr or bombers on the Moon but downright lies about the happenings in the country are a different matter.

same as always.. vast majority will bend their opinions based upon what they read. Sadly and scientists are are hugely guilty of this too.. fit the results to your hypothesis and or ideology and then hey presto.. All good.. apart from the facts or lack of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
25 % of people leave school in UK without a single GCSE...scary but apparently true...They have sat for 11years and not absorbed enough information to pass 1exam even with limitless knowledge at their fingertips..They probably never read a book,do not mix with intelligent people,read the sport,so 25% are thick as sh...t all their lives.ie they Do Not Think

If you should ever think that what you see, what you read & what you hear doesn't influence you, then please explain to me how the advertising industry has survived for over 100yrs.
Very true..we all more influenced than we realise.

25 % of people leave school in UK without a single GCSE...scary but apparently true...They have sat for 11years and not absorbed enough information to pass 1exam even with limitless knowledge at their fingertips..They probably never read a book,do not mix with intelligent people,read the sport,so 25% are thick as sh...t all their lives.ie they Do Not Think
Probably didn't vote in the referendum,saying "I'm not going to sign any government paperwork".

Ok, I don't know if the 25% bit is true, but why do you think that might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back