what new car?

• Thread starter wouldbplummer
  • Start date
W

wouldbplummer

looking to buy newish car for myself any ideas on speed to 60 and bhp on new shape integra type-r, scooby wrx,or bmw m3 what would you go for for about 10k

Sponsored Links
A few points to take into consideration when looking at the more exotic saloons:

1) Service intervals. Mitsy's have just 4500 miles between services, which would get very tiresome if you do 20K miles/year! Best check on the cars you are considering

2) Repair. Complex drive systems with things like viscous couplings aren't cheap to fix.

Personally, I would go for the M3 but I doubt you will find one worth having for under £10K... £40K new, and they retain value well!

Check out www.parkers.co.uk to get an idea of what you should be paying.

wouldbplummer said:
looking to buy newish car for myself any ideas on speed to 60 and bhp on new shape integra type-r, scooby wrx,or bmw m3 what would you go for for about 10k

plumbing apprentices must be earning v well

Personally, I would go for the M3 but I doubt you will find one worth having for under £10K... £40K new, and they retain value well!

Yes but who wants to be seen in a BMW Go for the Subaru

Sponsored Links
Depends on your age, but 4 cheap thrills go for a 3 year old Mondeo ST 220 loads of car for not much dough. Expect to pay about 8.5 to 9K

I am a very loyal BMW enthusiast and will recommend an M3 all day long.

But for 10k you will have to look at the previous generation E36. Now for 10k you should get a nice Evo Model (3.2).
Vanos's can go on these cars and are 2k a pop from BMW. But don't let this put you off it is not guaranteed to go at all just luck.

Recommendation to avoid the SMG models. Although the idea is great if it goes wrong, and they do quite frequently, be prepared to spend $$ fixing it. Also there are not many people knowledgable on these.

But if you are looking at M3's take your time and look at a few. They do get driven hard and a few will have been in accidents and stuff.

But when you find a decent one...wow.

Also don't let mileage put you off. I have run 5 BMW's (latest one was a Z3 2.8) all with well over 100k and they were like new. I still have an E30 318is which I use as a track toy (my budget project) which has covered 168k on its little 4 cyclinder engine and it gets driven really hard!!

Any further questions let me know.

Eddie M said:
Depends on your age, but 4 cheap thrills go for a 3 year old Mondeo ST 220 loads of car for not much dough. Expect to pay about 8.5 to 9K

depreciation....ouch..

budgie69 said:
Eddie M said:

depreciation....ouch..

and its front wheel drive :(

But for cheap thrills the man has a point.

Not a great deal of depreciation on a 3 YO one. After all, only 8-9K to go!! Just have to ensure it hasn't had the nuts thrashed off it.

Sponsored Links
Back