What paperwork would I expect from the following jobs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering what paperwork if any I would expect from an electrician doing the following (individual) jobs

1. Install outdoor security lights (PIR) around the building.

2. Replace old electric hob with new.

3. Installation of a new combi boiler.

4. Addition of new wall lights in living room.

5. Run a electricity supply to a garage.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
another college homework question.

read your lecture notes and textbook. pay more attention in class.

No, not a college question. Though I am studying at the moment

I would say an electrical installation Certificate, for all but the hob and lights, which I guess would be a minor works certificate.

I ask because all of these jobs have been carried out recently in a residential home where my Mrs works, and she has not been given any paper work for any of these jobs, despite asking for it.

I am correct in my thinking that it is a regulation that these certificates are required to be given to the person requesting the work.

Plenty of invoices though!

Sponsored Links
1. Install outdoor security lights (PIR) around the building

If a new install from the cu then elctrical installation certificate.
If an extension to an existing circuit then a minor works cert.

2. Replace old electric hob with new.

Nothing required.

3. Installation of a new combi boiler.

Minor works cert + corgi (if a gas boiler)

4. Addition of new wall lights in living room.

Minor works cert

5. Run a electricity supply to a garage.

Electrical installation cert.

I am correct in my thinking that it is a regulation that these certificates are required to be given to the person requesting the work.
If the work is being done to BS7671 (IEE regs) then the appropriate certificate must be provided in order for it to comply.

Plenty of invoices though!

Have these been paid as you may find certificates will only be issued once you've paid for the work.

Thanks for the replies

Yes all invoices paid.

It seems to be that when you use large maintenance companies paperwork does go missing, as well as jobs not compleated, and nobody appears to be accountable.

Rather use a decent self employed chap

Try this:

"Hello, Mr. Account Manager? We're thinking of taking you off our Approved Suppliers list"

"What? Why?"

"Because we haven't be getting the necessary Installation Certificates, so we're looking for a company that will be more reliable"

That should do the trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back