What plasterboard do i use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im just coming to the end of a marathon bathroom job, i was going to use aquapanel on the wooden stud wall but i cant get the size i would like unless i pay a silly amount for delivery. Plus there was a thing about it needing a vent behind it, this i got from the tech people. I still havent got round to calling them back to clarify this, but i will. So it looks like im gonna go with 15mm moisture resistant plasterboard. It will be screwed to the studs and im gonna use plasterers tape on the seems, the self adhesive type. The plasterboard will not be getting skimmed, tiles will be going straight on. A job i was gonna do myself but ive decided i will get a tiler in. So do i just get the square edged plasterboard or does it need to be tapered. I was also wondering seeing as this is the bath wall and the tiles will be coming down to the bath. Would it be benificial to put polythene sheet on the wall from were the tiles stop, down to the floor to act as a moisture barrier.

Sponsored Links
square or tapered edge it wont matter if its being tiled, i wouldnt worry about the sheet ;)

Thanks for the info jbonding, no sheet saves me a job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back