what quantity of pebbledash do i need??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Hi All, this is my first post so hopefully someone can help me. I have just finished building a concrete block garage and having the sense not to try to pebbledash it myself, I have asked a builder friend to do it for me. he is very good at pebbledash, but does not know how to work out the quantity needed for the job as he has never had to do it.
I am using Skye marble pebbledash which i think is about 6mm in size, the garage is about 100m2. does anyone know how much stone i need to buy as i don't want to be left with bags and bags of the stuff, or run short!!

Sponsored Links
well if there 6mm then a m3 would get you approx 166m2 of cover. im sure you can work the rest out then allow for some lost on the floor.

by your calculations, giving 2.00t to the M³ that would mean that i will need 12kg/m². this seems a lot. (2m² to a 25kg bag)
I think you have divided 1,000mm by 6mm to arrive at 166m² to the m³??.
In my work i have to work out road chipping cover, and at 120% shoulder to shoulder cover we use 7kg/m² for 6mm. so i was expecting something like 5kg/m². have I got this wrong?? has someone got a second opinion, or am I way off the mark with my thoughts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back