Please help me Pebbledash my house.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
High first time on the site. Have seen a few messages giving beginners guides to projects. Wondered if anyone could do the same for me. I am hoping to pebbledash my semi-detached house. Luckily i have a coal bunker made out of concrete which i can practice on first. I have a years worth of plastering experience behind me so that part of the job is no problem. I have been a labourer for an experienced builder actually on a pebbledash job, however he never actually let me have a go. I know the general methods and mixes to do the job but it would really help if someone could give me a guide to work from so that i don't do anything wrong. Please advise as i am a tad nervous of doing it wrong and our lass ribbing me about it.

Sponsored Links
unless you are very quick and competent at dashing, then you are going to end up with a patchy mess, and a house you can't sell.

a 2&1 gang would be ideal.

I have a friend who is in a pebble dash business and it's not easy but no harm having a go.

The cement & sand ratio have to correct each time and the stones or dash must be 100% clean with water.

You flip the stones up in a 45 degree angle, the hardest bit is knowing when rendering is ready for the stone because the stone have to be slightly wet as well!

Got the people to do it. Couple of labourers and theres two of us that can get the mixes on so thats no problem. The problems i'm facing is that i can't find any reading material on the subject to walk me through every process of the job. I am determined to have a go, it's just that it will be a big step from doing the coal bunker to doing the whole house.

Questions:-
Should i do one side of the house at a time or top half then bottom so there is no scaffold in the way?
Someone mentioned i should do two layers of sand & cement like in plastering?

P.s didn't know that about the stones thx.

Sponsored Links
If you don't mind paying £22, you can buy the dvd film on how to pebbledash here

Make sure there isn't any hollow sound effect on the wall, if so, then break it out and make good

Also there's a forum which maybe able to tell you more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back