What rates are people charging for solar installation

believe me, the scroat will ring you again one day desparate for some help. Tell him your busy doing some strange obscure task,ie playing with train set, organising old photos, watching old western on video. He will get the right ar#e coming second and you will smile for a month.

Sponsored Links
I would be inclined to go and see him if he offers more work.
Have a look at the job, give him a fair price, book the work in, then when the day comes to start...
Just go down the pub :LOL:

If he chases you up, say you've had to take the chinchilla to the vets and that you'll come the following day. Repeat, ad nauseum :mrgreen:

If you're lucky, your no show will put his schedules out and could end up costing him some wonga..........it's called karma!! :cool:

I would be inclined to go and see him if he offers more work.
Have a look at the job, give him a fair price, book the work in, then when the day comes to start...
Just go down the pub :LOL:

If he chases you up, say you've had to take the chinchilla to the vets and that you'll come the following day. Repeat, ad nauseum :mrgreen:

If you're lucky, your no show will put his schedules out and could end up costing him some wonga..........it's called karma!! :cool:

fair play this is better than my option to refuse to go :LOL:

Thank you all again for making me laugh. He's not asked me to service his boiler or solar system yet, so hopefully that's voided his 5 year warranty.

I eventually had my day in court with him. The doddery old judge sat and listened looking very bored and eventually summed up saying "Well you both seem like very nice people. I've no idea what the going rate for a jobbing plumber is so I'll set the rate at half way between what you've both suggested and award Mr Rainbow his costs."

Well, if anyone gets a call from a Mr Philip Osborn of Mount Pleasant,
Cansiron lane, Ashurst Wood, you have been warned.

Sponsored Links
Well technically it's a win but with all the effort and time involved I think my hourly rate probably fell to about £5/hr.

Still, it's the principle.

Going to the law is always going to be something of a lottery. I had to take a company that used me as a subbie to court earlier in the year. They dismissed me from the job (installing solar panels) after a day and refused to pay me for the work I'd done. Another long story, but basically the customer was an 82 year old Chartered Surveyor that was still working and thought he knew more about solar panel installation than I did.

I claimed £300. A day's labour. I had initially offered to charge only £150 as a good will gesture! They put in a counter claim for £1700!

In this case the judge was fantastic. She told the customer that he couldn't present evidence purporting to be a professional witness because he was clearly biased. She said she found the evidence from the contractor not credible. She said that the customer had no right to end my contract as my contract was with the contractor and that she found in my favour. She then added, that if I had claimed the full cost of the contract rather than just for the day I spent on site, she would have awarded it to me!

All useful experience and very good feeling a the end of that one!

Thanks for that Mark. Not a Solar experience but sadly I lost pay in similar circumstances.

Customer was scitsophrenic by my diagnosis. She was also a Hindu and one room in her social housing flat was a shrine to her late relative. I wasn't to know that and just walked in there to attend to the gas meter before starting work. My treainee left a log in the toilet, which didn't help matters but her paranoia was the big problem we wre questioned with the suspicion we had invaded from mars.

Behind my back she complained. I was off the job (very gretfully) in seconds.

Never got paid for that days work.

Didn't take it furtjer but your post shows we shouldn't avoid taking these things further.

Following on from Paul Barkers post,,,, Worked for a company some years back, replacing windows on a social housing estate. One chap let us take the old windows out , then said he didn't want the new ones. " Could you put the old ones back?"

Sadly they were now lying in several sawn up pieces on the back of the van. He still refused to have the new windows, even though this was in November and the weather was quite chilly. After pleading with him for half an hour, we packed tools and went back to the yard to explain the situation. A quick phone call to the housing association revealed that the tenant had a history of mental problems. They sent out someone to board up the openings and we had to go back the next day to fit the new windows, accompanied by a social worker. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Player or not why are you coming from Surrey @ £300 a day into Sussex where most get £200 :idea: Why couldn`t he get anyone from Sussex. I wonder why :LOL: :LOL: Trust your instincts , get revenge - good on yer :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back