What readings should I expect?

the wiring in this house and youre parents house has been done by an idiot who doesn't know what the hell they are upto!

Sponsored Links
BAS does this mean you are coming round to the fact that BS7671 (2008) is the defactor standard for Part P? :D
No, it means that the fact is that working to the current version of BS 7671 is the most sensible way of ensuring safe work and compliance with Part P of the Building Regulations.

Why do you think I'm "coming round" to anything? My position is unchanged. Did you ask that because you haven't been paying attention?

BAS does this mean you are coming round to the fact that BS7671 (2008) is the defactor standard for Part P? :D
No, it means that the fact is that working to the current version of BS 7671 is the most sensible way of ensuring safe work and compliance with Part P of the Building Regulations.

Why do you think I'm "coming round" to anything? My position is unchanged. Did you ask that because you haven't been paying attention?

Sigh :eek: , offers the olive branch - which is picked up and thrown back.

How is asking a question which clearly shows that you have not (either deliberately or through inability) been paying attention to what I have consistently said "offering an olive branch"?

And why did you think you needed to offer one, anyway? You don't see yourself as having been perpetuating a personal grievance from one topic to another, do you?

Sponsored Links
*Gets tin hat out* In case I'm berated........

Couple more pics - just for folk's interest!

Notice the fuse in the plug - this was in a socket in the 'wash house' kinda shed out back - it goes through the sheds and the under a slab outside - wandering up the garden to the garage....

[/img]

Yes, I did mean lighting ring.

Lighting circuits are not wired in rings. If you don't know this, you really should not be doing electrical work. Especially not for money.

In this house, they are rings. In my parent's house they are rings.

Really? - so the lighting "ring" connects all the lights AND returns to the CU? Or does it actually connect all the lights and end at the last (i.e. a RADIAL circuit) In 20+ years as a sparky I have never, ever come across a true ring final for lighting.

i have seen them, in one house one of the 'legs' was in old PVC twin with the other leg in T&E.

Given your posts state you think it's TT with a dodgy earth, but you don't know how to check and later you said you have a skills shortage regards testing the earthing system I suggest you get an electrician in to do this job. It is beyond your ability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back