What show or event would you choose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just mentioned Les Miserables in another thread and it got me thinking.
If I could go back in time to watch any show or sporting event the one I would choose a front row seat for would be the tenth anniversary concert of Les Mis at the Albert hall.
So, you've got a time machine and a blank ticket, what would you watch.

Sponsored Links
Too many to mention but one of my personal faves, ELO, Out Of The Blue Tour at Cleveland Stadium USA, 1977.

Saw ELO in London way back when, they did put on a good show.

But I'd have to say the two olympic stadium events i got to see last year probably were the best big shows.

Before that, well loads of large gigs. Six of the Best at Milton Keynes. Live Aid. The Wall at Earls Court (x3), never saw The Smiths which is probably my biggest band-missing regrets.

I wish I could just go back and watch all the touring car races I watched in the 1990s again especially the Donnington Meet in 1995 when the ITC came over to the UK and those fantastic flame spitting tin tops ripped up the track.

Sponsored Links
Only a quid for my ticket...

The first ever glastonbury festival in 1970

1966 world cup final. Don't think I will ever see England win in my life time.

I was a lad then and one of my schoolpals asked me if I wanted to go to that game with him and his dad .
Ilived in Fleetwood then .
I think ticket was about £10 ish . (or less)
I asked my mum -- and seeing as we were pretty poor- she told me to 'dream on'. :cry: .
My pal brought me a program back though :LOL:

So, you've got a time machine and a blank ticket, what would you watch.

So many choices, really difficult to choose, but maybe;

Elvis live in Vegas

Stones in the park (Hyde Park, Jul 69) - Just me and a hippy chick, who's heavily into free love :p (Seen them at Wembley several times, and had tickets to seem them approx 5 years ago in Brno, Czech Republic - Richards fell out of a tree, so cancelled :( )

Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple or Cream - live somewhere

Beatles at The Cavern

Queen live

If only!

1984 My business partner and I had a 'stand' at Ideal homes exhibition in /at Belle Vue Manchester.
Nobody knew which celebrety was going to open the exhibition.
Usually in these parts it was Kenn Dodd, Mavis Riley, etc etc .
The person opening the exi was not going to be named until the last minute .
The exhibition openened --and there still was not anyone around--until - all of a sudden the whole place erupted-- and lots of big Bruisers were stomping around .
THEN- it all became clear -- the most famous man on the planet came into partial view .
MOHAMMAD ALI :eek: .
WE WERE GOBSMACKED .
MO came to each and every stall and his minders asked if we wanted pics taken with him .
Of course we said yes .
they then said Pics will cost us £1000 CASH . :cry:

WE HAD ONLY A FEW MOMENTS TO MAKE UP OUR MINDS .
At that time- we were pretty skint-- and had to decline .
BIGGEST MISTAKE OF OUR LIVES .

OH !! to be given that chance again !! :cry: :cry: :cry:

The biggest and best event we will ever see is THE LONDON OLYMPICS 2012. I doubt even our children will see a better event in their life time.

I was a lad then and one of my schoolpals asked me if I wanted to go to that game with him and his dad .
I asked my mum -- and seeing as we were pretty poor- she told me to 'dream on'. :cry: .

What a shame you missed it :(

What a shame you missed it :(
Thanks Squeaky,
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
My mums got a lot to answer for :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Another choice would be the Rat Pack in Vegas. Me & Squeakette went to see Sinatra a few years back (the virtual show where he was projected onto a screen on stage. After a while it was just like watching him for real. He had so much charisma. Quite an emotional show too, a lot of the older members of the audience were crying their eyes out.

1984 My business partner and I had a 'stand' at Ideal homes exhibition in /at Belle Vue Manchester.
Nobody knew which celebrety was going to open the exhibition.
Usually in these parts it was Kenn Dodd, Mavis Riley, etc etc .
The person opening the exi was not going to be named until the last minute .
The exhibition openened --and there still was not anyone around--until - all of a sudden the whole place erupted-- and lots of big Bruisers were stomping around .
THEN- it all became clear -- the most famous man on the planet came into partial view .
MOHAMMAD ALI :eek: .
WE WERE GOBSMACKED .
MO came to each and every stall and his minders asked if we wanted pics taken with him .
Of course we said yes .
they then said Pics will cost us £1000 CASH . :cry:

WE HAD ONLY A FEW MOMENTS TO MAKE UP OUR MINDS .
At that time- we were pretty skint-- and had to decline .
BIGGEST MISTAKE OF OUR LIVES .

OH !! to be given that chance again !! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Couldn't have made that much impression on you seeing as he's called Muhammed Ali.

Sponsored Links
Back