What shower system should i install please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
refit bathroom in new house..

Mains water pressure very low. Hot water from a cylinder. The tank is upstairs, bathroom is down. As far as cold water goes, i only have mains in the bathroom. I was thinking of buying a power shower pump, but not seen one that goes on the cold mains. Why cant i just pump the hot and mix it with mains cold? Any recommended products please?

Sponsored Links
If you want to get equally balanced pressures then pump it. 22mm feed from DHWC to pump, 22mm feed from CWSC in loft to pump, then 15mm feeds from pump out to shower.

Make sure DHWC & CWSC are of sufficient size to handle the pump you are purchasing.

Alternatively buy a single impeller pump and pump the hot but you will need to restrict the cold feed pipework to the shower to equal the pumped hot.

You might also find in times of high usage (depending on how low your mains pressure is) that the pumped hot will be higher than the mains.

Thanks mate. That has helped a great deal. I like the sound of the single impeller pump. This will be easier/quicker/cheaper to install than running pipes from the loft (CWSC).
But i think i would probably get better results if i did use the cold tank.

My mains pressure with no other demand is about 1 liter in 9 seconds.
My wife has a funny habbit of using lots of water when im in the shower Is it worthtrying single impeller?

Bearing in mind that i have not looked at the CW tank in the loft, can i tap off an existing pipe from the tank, or do i need to fit directly back to the tank so it has a dedicated feed?

Can you give me some tank sizes / pump sizes to be thinking about / recommend a name?
I like a 15 minute shower in the morning, but im really up against it as i have a whole house to refit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back