what size flue does the ravenheat csi 85 aaa use please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I Purchased tonight a boiler as thread title but warehouse was out of stock til friday at earliest of the flues.

Plumber is arriving friday to fit so I need to obtain one urgently but obviously get the right sized one

88956 Ravenheat 100mm Flues Horizontal flue kit £54.87 inc

here:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hea...+Flues+Horizontal+flue+kit/d230/sd3144/p88956

Is this the right one please as above I need it urgently

thanks for looking in

Have emailed ravenheat but no reply so far

Sponsored Links
Ask the installer, he is the one that needs to approve your choice. Will take him 5 minutes to order the right one.

Sponsored Links
Yea, make it easy to take out, as you will probably need to change it in 3 years, thats if it a good un.....

All he said was "let me know when you get the flue"

I expected the place I bought from (which is local) to have one.

yesterday on the phone they have 5 boilers on shelf and a pallett out back, checking they did the flues to go with them I was told yes they are kept right next to them in isle 2, so I assumed as he had told me he had 5 on shelf that he was viewing flues as well, at no point did he say they were out of stock, hence being in this mess

As for "ask the installer so he can approve choice?

Surely the size of flue to go with the csi 85 is the size it is and personal opinion I would have thought does not enter into it.

If the suppliers had the flue he would be fitting that one anyway so unless I am missing something here I dont understand the "ask the installer comment

Ask the installer, he is the one that needs to approve your choice. Will take him 5 minutes to order the right one.

Get your money back as you cant fit it without the flue made and specd by Ravenshite, get another make from somewhere else "with a flue", plenty of merchants everywhere got boilers and flues comeing out their ears.

...If the suppliers had the flue he would be fitting that one anyway so unless I am missing something here I dont understand the "ask the installer comment

You have no way of knowing if the flue you find somewhere is suitable or not, that is why you should ask your installer to give you the order code.

Anyway, if he is willing to fit a Ravenheapofshit, he is probably not a very good installer. Anyone asking me to do a job like this, would find that I am not available until 22 december.

Company came back to with a list of installers around this area, so hopefully I will get one tomorrow.

WITH REGARDS TO BEING DUMPED ON:

A simple "aaghh most of us on here would not really recommend Ravenheat but you take your choice"

INSTEAD I get totally negative she-ite

raveshite, make sure you fit it in easily because you will be taking it back out soon etc etc

Thanks a bunch

As a trademan all my LONG life and being on forums since the 90's I never post unless I can help, if some of the above posters feel "with their sarcasm" they were helping them shame on you if you were one of them.

A simple Might be 100mm flue may be 125mm best check with the manufacturers would of been most help

IN OTHER WORDS answer the question or don't opine

Hopefully the above does not offend the ones who tried to help

...If the suppliers had the flue he would be fitting that one anyway so unless I am missing something here I dont understand the "ask the installer comment

You have no way of knowing if the flue you find somewhere is suitable or not, that is why you should ask your installer to give you the order code.

Anyway, if he is willing to fit a Ravenheapofshit, he is probably not a very good installer. Anyone asking me to do a job like this, would find that I am not available until 22 december.

sorry my collegues have been less than helpful on this one, its really not on. really hope you manage to find a flue for the ****heap of a boiler youve just bought.

floggin the place in the spring hopefully.

a leaking pressurised tank in airing cupboard has caused this un needed expense so reasonable is all I need.

Yea, make it easy to take out, as you will probably need to change it in 3 years, thats if it a good un.....

So because your flogging the place soon, it's ok to fit a pile of crap for someone else to have to contend with, lovely.

I really must object to your thoughts, I could repair the hot tank and save myself a grand so don't appreciate bullsh*t comments like that

I obviously did not know whether it had such a poor rep on this forum. So bought what I believed to be a decent boiler at a reasonable cost which most people would have done unknowingly.

All I get from here is negative comments

My mom always says

If you can't find anything to say "don't speak" and that certainly applies to most of the comments posted in reply to this thread.

I have now sourced it from plumbase so will be very unlikely to return here again.

Shame really because I am sure there are some really helpful people here, (just not it seems in the plumbing & central heation section)

However, Thanks to the ones who genuinely tried to help

floggin the place in the spring hopefully.

a leaking pressurised tank in airing cupboard has caused this un needed expense so reasonable is all I need.

So because your flogging the place soon, it's ok to fit a pile of crap for someone else to have to contend with, lovely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back