what size flue does the ravenheat csi 85 aaa use please

Sponsored Links
Is this not a Band B boiler, hence cannort be fitted?

A simple Might be 100mm flue may be 125mm best check with the manufacturers would of been most help

If the flue is going straight out behind the boiler then a 100mm flue would be required.

A 5" /125mm flue would be used for a vertical flue installation or where the effective length is over 2.5metres.

A twin flue is available.

I cant say for sure that the flue you refer to will do the job although I do feel that it will. I'm sure there is a difference between the old CSI and the new 780 series with regards the flue. I believe the new flue is more versatile and any difference is likely to be in the flue head connection to the boiler.

As I recall when these were sold in B&Q the required part was CSI FKB and this was written on the boiler packaging. Ravenheat stopped selling their wares in B&Q because it made them available to unqualified DIYers who had a habit of fitting them badly and getting the company a worse name than they deserve, hence the Ravenheatist abuse that you see in earlier posts.

Sponsored Links
My mom always says

If you can't find anything to say "don't speak" and that certainly applies to most of the comments posted in reply to this thread.

And my Mom always used to say

'You can buy a good thing thats cheap, but you can't buy a cheap thing thats good'

Do your buyers a favour and write this number on the wall in large writing next to the boiler -

0113 252 7007

They will need it, a lot. Its the service and warranty number for Ravenheap.

Better still, throw it in the Dee river, and do them a real favour.

You stick with the ravenheat OP , I bought a few my self , & I know quality when I see it , safest boiler on the market ( may be ?) Only band A atmospheric boiler in the world ( maybe ?) , they have won numerous prestigious awards as well !

As long as the flue you get is as specified, thenyou should be O.K.
Ravenheat are as good as most mid range boilers. Most components are generic, and if a technician has half a brain, they're not impossible to fix.
Look at the rest of the forum, and there are as many questions about Bosch, Vaillant and all the 'good' makes.

Thanks, as previously mentioned got the flue from plumbase who said that ravenheat had a very poor previous rep with good reason, he used the analogy about a skoda and it was a audi/vw really,
but you would never get me in one of those despite that, so I do understand that if you sell poor quality and try to up your game it's a long hard road. ANYHOW

Would love to put this thread to bed.

Got it fitted and happy for a number of reasons.

1. The hot tank is no longer leaking
2. No bailing out 5 times a day when baxi boiler was on
3. No replacing diverter valve 2 times (plus 3 syncron motors) ever again
4. Daughter who lives there is now my best friend (apparently dripping ceilings don't go down well)
5. The neighbours 2 doors up who have been expressing an interest for a while (if I ever get the begger finished) they appreciate that I could have just repaired the leaking hot water tank (and saved around
900 odd quid) and left existing baxi as is yet are still keen to put in an offer.

Each time repairs were done they were by an experienced fitter (full time BG and still is) however there's only so many times any punter will stand for replacement of parts so quickly

Anyhow, it's fitted, they got paid in cash, I have the paperwork and seems all parties happy

HOWEVER I will certainly try to take more input BEFORE buying next time, this one was done in a rush because of hot water tank shedding it's contents

I have been picked up about my thanking the ones who actually got round to answering my question (as in HELPED) the thread reply being that "everyone who posted has helped you" Sorry but that is total rubbish.

If I broke down in a car with an electrical problem and asked for help here, I guess a few would reply "change that bunch of she-ite" AND THINK THAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY HELPING someone in trouble.

So I say again, thanks to all who contributed without a seperate agenda, a few welcomed a newbie to this forum with axes to grind, shame but we move on

As long as the flue you get is as specified, thenyou should be O.K.
Ravenheat are as good as most mid range boilers. Most components are generic, and if a technician has half a brain, they're not impossible to fix.
Look at the rest of the forum, and there are as many questions about Bosch, Vaillant and all the 'good' makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back