What size is a padstone 1

I tried answering yesterday but my reply doesnt seem to have appeared, only the quote.
The ps1 being a way of identifying the different pads seems logical but ive looked at the drawing again and he has both pads at either end of the beam labelled as ps1.
Another odd thing is when I showed the bloke from the steel company the drawing I said that 'it just says ps1 whatever that means'. He looked at it and said 'oh thats good its just an ordinary padstone'. But the only information is the ps1, no other clues. And is there such a thing as an ordinary padstone?
Is the drawing a scale drawing? Can you infer the size from it and compare it to your Google guesses?

Here's a PAD01 at 215 X 140 X 102:

https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/pad...crete-padstone-215mm-x-140mm-x-102mm/p/859821

But yes, the SE should really tell you what it is! :)

Sponsored Links
Jesus, I could have got some blue bricks and come and built the thing by now.

Generally, on drawings the designer will put things like .....
D1, D2, D3 for doors
W1, W2, W3 for windows
L1, L2, L3 for lintels
B1, B2, B2 for beams
PS1, PS2, PS3 for ........ you've guessed it!

...... and specify the type/dimensions in a schedule elsewhere

Now it may be several items are the same types, so you may see several D1's, W1's, PS1's etc on on the drawing/design calcs

You're options are -

Ask you engineer
Ask another engineer to redo the calculations

Jesus, I could have got some blue bricks and come and built the thing by now.

Generally, on drawings the designer will put things like .....
D1, D2, D3 for doors
W1, W2, W3 for windows
L1, L2, L3 for lintels
B1, B2, B2 for beams
PS1, PS2, PS3 for ........ you've guessed it!

...... and specify the type/dimensions in a schedule elsewhere

Now it may be several items are the same types, so you may see several D1's, W1's, PS1's etc on on the drawing/design calcs

You're options are -

Ask you engineer
Ask another engineer to redo the calculations
To be fair the thread is going on because different people have given different answers.
Even if they hadn't would you like me to ignore people trying to help me. Or tell them to stop because you're having a a bad day?
I love ya Woody and you are very good for this website. But chill out.
With regards to your offer of building it yourself. I accept, you can start straight after doing the health and safety induction.

Sponsored Links
Whoa there, I said "could have" not "will do". :rolleyes:

No offer, no contract.

Anyway, I'm actually busy for the next few months with err .... something else, anything else. Probably my Playstation

OMG! (that's Oh My God in case you didn't know).

No there isn't such a thing as an ordinary padstone, if the size is not on the drawing then ask the engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back