United Kingdom
all my rads add up to 24,614 btus and i think this is around 7,210 watts
i am looking to get a potterton condensing combi
what size boiler will i need
the only hot water is for hot taps in kitchen and bathroom
and one shower only (no bath)
your suggestons on a suitable potterton please

Sponsored Links
A combi boiler will be sized according to the hot water flow rate you want. Heating loads are usually much smaller (as in your case) so irrelevant. Basically 24 kW will give you around 10 litres/minute, 28 kW and 35 kW giving you proportionately more hot water flow. Critical thing is likely to be shower - at 10 litres/min someone turning other hot tap on may rob much of hot water flow. Problem diminishes as hot water output increases.

Sponsored Links
Here are your choices

None of them are range rated down to that low an output. The 24's go down to 9.8 Kw and the 30 goes down to 11 Kw. So that is as near as you will get
Whichever one you do select make sure that the adjustments are made to achieve the output that best reflects the load.

I wouldn't bother with the 24i HE as the near instantaneous water carry on is just a gimmick and something else to go wrong.

After that its down to how quick you want to fill a bath or officially how many users there will be. The low heating demand suggests that the 24 HE is best matched but if you want more flowrate go for the 30HE.

Sorry if this sounds like an echo but Why potterton?

it sounds like you don't think potterton is any good
i did ask in a previous post but didn't get a answer
i thought the name was ok and the price was good
the other one i was looking at was the worcester
but is it worth the extra ?
any advice is appreciated

Not that I don't think that they are any good. To me they are a fairly decent boiler but my point is why do you restrict yourself to one manufacturer.

i have asked the queston about a suitable condensing combi
but no luck with an answer
the potterton was a good price at around £700
i would be willing to pay more if the reputation for reliability was there
im still open to sugestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back