What size screws to attach 50X50 batten to solid wall?

Sponsored Links
i used 4" Concrete screws to do all mine, Very Strong, Simple to .. drill hole through battens, then use 6mm or 6.5mm masonry bit to go through concrete then just screw into place, battens dont budge using these. Got mine from local pvc place £9 for 100 with hex bit and drill included

Hammer fixings are pants.

Concrete screws are good but will tend to hold off the workpiece unless it it pushed firmly back to the wall.

Hammer fixings have a tendency to fail, have lousy heads and are sometimes reluctant to be removed should you need to.

100mm standard screws always pull in and are reliable and versatile.

I do a lot of fixing so i like the fact that they behave themselves.

Sponsored Links
express anchors are brilliant but not good for battening a wall that is not totally flat as they pull the batten into all sorts of shapes and they are a bitch to get back out if you need a bigger packer in there to level it all up.

No not tried them, are they any good? They screw in i assume?

The express anchors are great for securing timber that will never be coming off again like wall plates for hanging joists off etc. Very fast but your arm ain't half pumping by the time your done with a large section!

are they any good? They screw in i assume?

Yes they screw in.
As a "holding" anchor they are my first choice where critical concrete shuttering forces are involved. Have yet to see one fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back