What sort of insulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to completely renew the virtually non-existent loft insulation in my 1930's house. The area is about 65-70m2 in an L shape. There are no noticable draughts; pitched pantile roof; lath and plaster ceilings.

There seems to be several types of insulation available, and I know I should be looking at thermal ratings and the like, but the choice of material is much greater than the last time I did out a loft. Not worried about the irritant factor; only the effectiveness. Can anyone recommend please?

Sponsored Links
hi i would stay clear of the pink stuff on a roll and go for the rockwool slab type they offer better thermal qualities and they are much better in the aucustic insulation,if you know of any insulation companies in your area try them first or better still contact Nevron insulations on 01516457658 and speak to Stan Welsh what he doesnt know isnt worth asking,good luck,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back