What temperature should my boiler output?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Experts.

I have a Veissmann WB1B 19KW heat only boiler. The temperature display reads 72.4 when the the temperature knob is set at max i.e. the knob will not turn any more.
Do you experts consider the temperature is high enough?
If not, is it possible to increase the output. How would that be achieved?
Is it the system that the boiler is attached to that dictates the temperature?

I'd welcome your views.

Regards

MikeRotherham.

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is correctly set up to give the maximum temp then your system is probably absorbing more that the 18 kW.

Try turning off a few rads and see if the temp goes higher.

If 72 C gives adequate heat then leave it as it will be very efficient.

There is probably an engineer setting to set the maximum CH temp. At least the Intergas boiler do!

Tony

I have a Veissmann WB1B 19KW heat only boiler. The temperature display reads 72.4 when the the temperature knob is set at max i.e. the knob will not turn any more.
Do you have an external temperature sensor (should be on a north facing wall half way up the house)? If so the boiler has been set up in weather compensating mode and the water temperature is dictated by how cold it is outside.

Sponsored Links
Hello Experts,

Thanks for your replies.

D_Hailsham, there's no external temperature sensor fitted.

Agile, I'll try turning off a few radiators and see if it makes a difference.

Could you explain a bit more on your comment about the system absorbing more than 18kw. Is that an ideal situation?

It'd be good to know the boiler is working as well as it should.

Seems like a good bit of kit.

Regards

Mike.

Agile: Could you explain a bit more on your comment about the system absorbing more than 18kw?
I was wondering about that as well. If a boiler is producing 18kW, how can the rads absorb more? Where does the additional kW come from?

On the other hand, if you have a 20kW boiler and the rads add up to say 25kW, the boiler will still produce 20kW and the rads will output 20kW. However the water temperature will be lower. Maybe this is the cause of the anomaly.

Check the total output of your rads using the Stelrad Elite Catalogue.

I think Agile means the boiler could be outputting 18kw when the whole system is capable of absorbing more than 18kw e.g. rads etc add up to 25kw :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back