what to do with the tongue and groove ???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all fellow decorators,

I have a challange for you. :confused: I have a customer with 2 tongue and groove ceilings in kitchen and bathroom. They have a mellow pine stain on them and customer wants them white or just lighter but to still see the wood grain. I cant think of a way to change the colour so dramaticly without using a base colour with would obviosly block out the grain. :cry: If anyone knows of any good products please advise. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A good sanding down a coat of dulux supergrip, then sand it down again...revealing the wood underneath.?

Sadiolin used to make an opaque stain for use on existing stain...that might work...or have a look at their full colour range..they do translucent colours...again for use over existing stuff...

They might have a nice selection in the Crown paint place just up the road from the police head quarters in Carmarthen... ;)

If you're sanding off the old finish, you could wet it to raise the grain.

Did similar several yrs ago, used sadolin extra tinted to opal white. Smell was pworrrr :eek: You can get it in 'classic' which is thin like dirty turps and a nightmare for ceilings. Might be worth looking in your deccie centre for waterbased polyvine ranges. Tho I have'nt used them for t/g yet.

follow zampas direction for deccie centre lol.

Sponsored Links
papergirl
United Kingdom

Zampa said:
They might have a nice selection in the Crown paint place just up the road from the police head quarters in Carmarthen... ;)

Seems like everyone's in on the joke but me. :(
If it's current affairs - I don't really have time for the news. Come on, spell it out for me.

gcol said:
If it's current affairs - I don't really have time for the news. Come on, spell it out for me.

Papergirl's profile says she lives in....?

Zampa is giving her directions to the shop in ....?

To top it all...i'll even give papergirl the name of the bloke who runs it...Raymond...its the one that used to be by the station... :LOL:

gcol said:

Sorry mate...tradesmen only!... :evil:

;)

Zampa said:

they both in carmarthen :LOL: ;)

JohnD said:
gcol said:

Papergirl's profile says she lives in....?

Zampa is giving her directions to the shop in ....?

Yeah I saw that John, but if that's the extent of the joke then Zampa hasn't got much of a career in humour. What's so funny about a a Crown paints outlet near a cop shop in Carmarthenshire? This has gotta be a current affairs thing hasn't it.

Oh forget it, I give up.

WTF - I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone tonight. I think I need to go to bed, I think the tablets are affecting me.

gcol said:
Zampa hasn't got much of a career in humour.

I believe he's trying to leave show biz behind and break into the glamorous world of decorating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back