what to pay for boiler installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We're getting a new boiler in our flat. The plumber'll install a combi boiler worth £400 or so, take away our old boiler and tanks and put danfoss radiator thermostats on the existing radiators (5). He'll also flush the system, put inhibitor through, upgrade gas pipe and wire up new programmable thermostats. He said it'd take about 1 long day to do this work, do you reckon £2300 is about right or does it seem a lot?
thanks,
ali

Sponsored Links
about right. be a good lad to get that done in a day though

powerflush it self should take a while

For that price i would be putting in a condensing combi worth £800 For £400 you'l be getting crap. The only condensing combi for that sort of money is a Biasi and there about £475 inc Vat. It will take best part of a day to flush system ect. one man wont do it in a day. He'll get the boiler on the wall and piped up but not the rest. :LOL:

Ah, the boiler he suggested was: ferroli modena 80....is it rubbish?

Sponsored Links
"flush the system" can mean anything between emtying it and refilling it, and runing about all day with expensive machine, accessories, and chemicals.
If your system is dirty, and it's just filled and emptied, your new boiler will suffer. Though the boiler he mentions would suffer less than most!

Did he mention condensing boilers?
Better boilers?
Where are you?

Even if he has an assistant, it sounds high to me on face of it.

You can get Icos' and worcesters for about 700 plus the old dreaded.

Ask the people who are quoting you to explain part L :) and the Gas Notification scheme. that may make feathers fly

as for ferroli bloody good boiler but as jawsum said that aint no Band a or b boiler so methinks they may be pulling a fast one on you? i could be wrong asking them the above should prove it one way or another

(part L = energy efficientcy which (basically) means you have to have a condensing (hugh effieceincy boiler) ther is some exceptions but you probably wont qualify.

Gas notification scheme is CORGI stating that they MUST be informed of every gas appliance fitted buy a CORGI reg person, this incompassed most of the relevent new building regs.

good luck

Is this "Plumber" really CORGI registered ???

I doubt it !

If he is then he should know that all boilers have to be condensing now!

Trouble is the cowboys are still fitting non compliant boilers because its cheaper and the customer just looks at the total cost!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back