What type of fan vent is this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an extractor fan with instructions which include this drawing of a roof vent

Vents.jpg

What is the name of the type of vent on the right?

And/or can anybody suggest a make and/or supplier?

PS - is this the best forum to ask in?

Sponsored Links
Looks like soil pipe, but could be ducting for the fan. Best place to ask is here or the electrics subforum.

It's a condensate duct to ensure that moisture doesn't run straight back down into the fan/room. Bit of a major design though, much sleeker and easier setups than that to deal with the condensate

1694550723099.png

I suspect that the 'bulge' highlighted below represents the fan and it's shown offset to stop any rain that comes down the vent entering it. But that's just my interpretation of the drawing, without more details, I'm only guessing.....

Screenshot 2023-09-13 102906.png

......Then on second thoughts, if it is the fan, what's missing is the drain off for any collected water. :unsure:

Screenshot 2 2023-09-13 102906.jpg

Sponsored Links
They invariably have screws/caps in the bottom that allows them to be periodically emptied. Something similar to this.

1694639114053.png

As suggested though, it's not the usual approach here in the UK, certainly not for a fan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back