What type of stainless steel has the best resistance to bending?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know what type of stainless steel has the best resistance to bending? I'm looking to make a threaded stud which needs to be as strong as possible for stainless steel. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I haven't looked for availability on anything yet, was trying to research grades of stainless steel first. Was going to hunt down suppliers of the right material when I know what it is.

Sponsored Links
google for

'high tensile stainless steel studding'

and let the studding manufacturer select the best material

A4 for external use, A2 for internal.
Marine grades are available but the price is massive and availability difficult for small batches.
John :)

A2 is stronger than A4, you could try a boat supplies shop or "Chandler" for advice? I believe A2 is less resistant to corrosion but that may or may not be a problem away from salts and chemicals...

Trying to thread your own stainless steel can be quite difficult without the proper tools.
Just decide what thread size you need and buy the required length from a steel stockist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back