Whats a CH drain plug on the return pipe ?????

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
small spurr off of pipe.. little square bit5mm across to open spur... check at lowest point on your ch system and also next to the boiler

Right- it should look like a little brass valve type fitting,fitted onto one of the heating pipes at low level-favourite places are near a front or back door-hallway or kitchen,it will have a little spout on it just the right size to put a half inch hose onto to drain the system,there is a little square end on the end of the valve that you can turn with a small spanner-this will open the valve. Of course this is all supposin you have one fitted at all because i've seen plenty of systems with no drain off anywhere-then you have to improvise and use one of the radiator valves as a drain off. :)

15doca.jpg

check my skillz lol

chr15 said:
Right- it should look like a little brass valve type fitting,fitted onto one of the heating pipes at low level-favourite places are near a front or back door-hallway or kitchen,it will have a little spout on it just the right size to put a half inch hose onto to drain the system,there is a little square end on the end of the valve that you can turn with a small spanner-this will open the valve. Of course this is all supposin you have one fitted at all because i've seen plenty of systems with no drain off anywhere-then you have to improvise and use one of the radiator valves as a drain off. :)

OK got it it's located on the outside of my house poking out of the air brick so if i close the CH valve and open this will it only drain the boiler or the whole system ? :eek:

rains said:
OK got it it's located on the outside of my house poking out of the air brick so if i close the CH valve and open this will it only drain the boiler or the whole system ? :eek:
Well-it will drain the whole system unless-you turn all your rad valves off-then it will drain everything except your radiators. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back