What's the best mobile deal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a new phone and a new contract. What's the best deal atm? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Virgin used to do a £10 deal of 300 mins and 300 texts but it seems to have gone now!

Have a look on their site anyway here
or here

Virgin used to do a £10 deal of 300 mins and 300 texts but it seems to have gone now!

or here

i was with them on a very similar deal,got an upgrade to a android htc phone,then the missus got a htc from '3' for half the ammount i was paying,so i sent mine back on the last day i was allowed to,that p155ed em off i can tell you.

so i got 1 from 3 something like,
500 mins talk time
3000 texts
iirc 5000 hrs 3 to 3
and 1 qig unlimited internet,yeah i know strange aint it,unlimited then they give you a fair usage policy, :rolleyes:

2 years contract for 20 quid p/month.

Sponsored Links

or here

i was with them on a very similar deal,got an upgrade to a android htc phone,then the missus got a htc from '3' for half the ammount i was paying,so i sent mine back on the last day i was allowed to,that p155ed em off i can tell you.

so i got 1 from 3 something like,
500 mins talk time
3000 texts
iirc 5000 hrs 3 to 3
and 1 qig unlimited internet,yeah i know strange aint it,unlimited then they give you a fair usage policy, :rolleyes:

2 years contract for 20 quid p/month.

sorry... was that 3 cannot hear you.. as you have no reception...

amazing i havnt had 1 drop out yet even when ive been working in the depths of a school house,

yet when i was with vadaphone used to lose the signal all the time,and virgin wasnt any better.have heard about this mind you,but so far i think ive been luckey.

im with virgin on PAYG £15 per month, for 600mins, unlimited texts and 1 GB internet, seems ok to me

A tesco sim only deal with unlimited data, texts and 500 minutes ( or a similar T-mobile deal for £7.50 if it is still on) and a £4.99 or £9.99 sim free phone from many of the main sellers

I think the first question needs to be, what sort of phone do you want/need Joe? I've had 'Windows' based phones for years but recently moved to an Android phone. I like it but wished I'd gone for another Windows model. The next question is what tariff do you need... ie do you use the Phone mostly for talking, Texts and/or Data? It's no good signing up to a deal that gives loads of phone time but very little texts if you mainly text. Also, if you're going for an iPhone, Windows Mobile and/or Android then I'd advise getting a decent Data plan to take advantage of the facilities those phones offer.

If you have a phone you're happy with and/or want a particular phone but not on the tariffs being offered, then there aren't many operators that can match GiffGaff's Goodbags deals:

http://giffgaff.com/index/offer

They use the O2 network.

A tesco sim only deal with unlimited data, texts and 500 minutes ( or a similar T-mobile deal for £7.50 if it is still on) and a £4.99 or £9.99 sim free phone from many of the main sellers
Just for info woody, their 'Unlimited Data' is actually capped at 1GB. GiffGaff is truly unlimited.

Sponsored Links
Back