Whats the best way to increase mains pressure with combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've just had a new combi boiler installed. And spent about 6 months reading previous posts here and on google groups.

I am now about to install the shower. But I am concerned about my mains pressure.

I live in a flat, well more of a converted house and I've only got a 15mm rising main.

What options have I got of increasing the pressure ?

From watching a TV programme from the street onwards, the pipework is my responsibility. So I assume that I can either DIY it or get in someone to run a new direct feed ?

My other option would be to put a pump where the mains comes in, and thus have all water under pressure. But would this cause problems for the combi ?? I'm hoping that the combi would 'limit' the amount of water it can take in, but maybe thats not the case

Thanks in advance for any advice or links

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok.

Just read that putting a pump of mains is not allowed because of what it can such up.

So am now a bit p****d, and I have no idea what it would cost to get a decent 22mm feed from the street to replace my existing feed

please note 10a which is here

Sponsored Links
spent about 6 months reading previous posts here
Hard to believe, because you have completely missed the points.

If you do a search on combi boilers and showers, you're bound to find this discussed. The main point to grasp is that your combi can only produce so much hot water (around 10 litres/min) irrespective of pressures. A shower may have to compete for this water with other taps.

Furthermore, you cannot put a pump on mains water supply. The static pressure of the mains is rarely a problem, it's the available flow rate that matters, but you don't seem to have made any attempt to measure this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back