Whats the quietest washing maschine??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like our current Bosch machine is fit for the graveyard, So guys
Which washing machine produces the least amount of noise I'm budgeting around the £500.00 mark for this.I tend to favour Bosch but please tell me if you know of a queter one!

Sponsored Links
Well I can't hear my Miele yet even on 1600 fast spin :D (£800, 10 yrs free parts & labour warranty :eek: 0% over 12 months :eek: )

Don't know about the Bosch though.

Also have a read here

Do any of your friends read "Which?" or can you get to your local library to read it?

I see from the Dec 2005 members website that Siemens WXL 147A was their quietest on test, and is a best buy at about £550. The Miele was noisier.

They say the Bosch WFO 2467 is good but noisy. the Bosch WFX 2868 is better and quieter.

Sponsored Links
I'ts amazing when you try to obtain decibel readouts for a washing machine you know! Seimens website had the best info their high end machines beat most, I can't speak for Miele,when you phone technical they say al instalation sites give different readouts so they don't include them! what a load of tosh,I must admiit their build quality is very good but beacause I had good figures on paper I'll go for the seimens(readouts in the mid 40db against Bosch AEG etc around the mid 50db)
So,many thanks for all input guys!

Looks like the Miele 10yr guarantee job at John Lewis is over now.
They automatically give 2yrs ... and offer extended cover.
JL MIELE

My NEFF purrs on, 11 yrs ... :mad:

Well I can't hear my Miele yet even on 1600 fast spin :D (£800, 10 yrs free parts & labour warranty :eek: 0% over 12 months :eek: )

Don't know about the Bosch though.

Also have a read here

My Miele is whisper quiet... at 1600rpm it will balance a £1 coin and not fall over... honestly

I have a Bosch Logixx 8 VarioPerfect, the only one I know that has the new brushless motor, very quiet and an extended warranty on the motor. Loudest thing on it is the pump which is no noisier than my last machine. As the name implies, has a lot of programs and most things, temp, spin speed (max 1600), extra water etc are selectable. £700 though, but worth it for me.
edit: and as above, at 1600 spin, no ripples on a glass of water stood on top of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back