What's this panel for ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to get to grips with the Scantronic 9853 system that is in our new home. Managed to do a stage 1 reset and reprogram user codes etc but there is another panel box on the wall and I'm not sure what it is for. Is anyone able to identify it from the pics attached?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
looks like a an elmdene power supplier unit.

used to supply power for devices (usually installed as the panel doesnt have enough power to supply everything on its own) and looks like the panel is monitoring it.

as to what its powering I have no idea as I cant tell that from the pictures.

but it could be used to power other 12V devices like cctv, not necessarily your alarm devices.

It looks like a grade 3 power supply. And it looks like it might have had a hard life judging by the bulging top of the big capacitor!

Grade 3 systems need to have monitored power supplies and, when the new rules came out, you needed to fit one if you had a communicated system as the panel couldn't provide enough power for bell, speaker, STU and all the detectors.

It will probably want a new battery soon...

Edit: i just looked back at your April posts - you said that it was communicated. Did you pull the RedCare STU or DualCom off the main panel? If you did (with the power off, of course) you may not need this PSU anymore. You'll need to do some current measurements to be sure.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, the system did have Redcare so that's probably what this extra power supply is for. Think I'll just leave it alone for now :)

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back