when i connect alarm the alarm goes off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a accenta 8 alarm i decided to switch it on yesterday but when i switched it on it just went off the noise was comming from outside inside the strobe light was flashing anyway i decided to leave it on as i had to run to the keypad when i ran to the keypad i pressed 0123 the alarm noise stopped but it only showed tamper and power and zone 7 and 8 were showing a red light i checked all the sensor and they were working the outside box was flashing but if i pressed anything on the keypad it would make no noise nothing then later i left it on for a bit still showing the tamper and day and zone 7 and 8 then i took the mains wire out and put it back in and went back to the keypad then it showed day and power i put in 0123 the alarm was setting but then it went off straight away then i took it out from the mains and and put it back in and then no light was showing on the keypad just the back light on the keypad any one help please.

Sponsored Links
After deciphering your message I think the problem you've got is that the panel has defaulted. Do you have any manuals for the control panel ? Sounds like it needs to be reprogrammed. Do you have anything connected to zones 7 and 8 ? If so what ?

no nothing is connected to zone 7 and 8 and i dont have a manual for the alalrm thanks for replying

I agree, you will need to reprogram the system and for that you will need a manual or an engineer. Id advise an engineer as they can also fix what caused it in the first place

Sponsored Links
i dont know as i rented it out for a year then it just kept goin off so i took it our from the mains but know i want it working as many burglars are active in my area do u know were i could get a manual from .

You may be able to get a manual off the internet but my point is unless you know what your doing it's not much use. To be fair the panel may be f***ed anyway they don't have much of a rep for reliability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back