When I'm cleaning windows

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't like to be in that cradle.

Going to be a pane replacing the broken glass. ;)

Sponsored Links
Seen no glass smashing.

Was up about 8 storeys once and apprentice was in a telescopic cherry picker on big soft tyres going to the top floor.

It was loaded with boc gas bottles.

No glass in the building. When he reached the top I reached out and gave it a shove and it must have swayed 12 feet from the building.
:LOL:

Quite some time ago the firm I worked for had a job on the Nat West (?) tower in Birmingham ( near st Philip's cathedral if anyone knows the area) and that had a cradle. It was the sort counterbalanced by concrete weights . Two of the lads were in the cradle and after a while Trevor the labourer , who was a bit of a joker , lent over the edge and shouted down that he had restacked all the concrete blocks on the other side of the roof and what should he do next. Thinking he had moved the counterweights they sat as still as possible and told him to put them all back. Of course he hadn't moved a single one so sat and had a fag and read the paper before putting the two guys out of their misery :D

Seen no glass smashing..

At approx. 32 secs, the cradle swings in and leaves a localised circular/star type break - similar to windscreen impact damage. It's on the edge of a pane near the bottom left corner of it. It's quite subtle due to poor quality video. Two swings later, some pieces fall off, poss the trims/windows surrounds.

Repair bill will be sky high.

Some people pay good money for experiences like that at Alton Towers.

Sponsored Links
Back