When Would You Use 1.5m Wide Roof Membrane Rather Than 1m?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be getting my house roof retiled soon ( a standard apex semi-detached) and will be using a vapour permeable breathable membrane.
They come in 50m rolls and either 1m or 1.5m widths. I will be using interlocking roof tiles.

The 1.5m rolls work out cheaper, but don't seem to be as easy to use as the 1m . Does anybody know which roofers tend to choose and why? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. But then do all proper roofers use 1.5 m rolls on main house roofs rather than 1 m rolls?

Are the 1m rolls only for use for under the tiles on top of a bay windows?

There seems to be more 1m rolls available than there are 1.5m rolls.

You can cover something in faster with 1.5 mtr, I never buy 1mtr.
If your arms are short or if it's very windy then it can be tricky

Sponsored Links
You can cover something in faster with 1.5 mtr, I never buy 1mtr.
If your arms are short or if it's very windy then it can be tricky
When did you last have your Short Arm Inspection ? ;)

do all proper roofers use 1.5 m rolls on main house roofs rather than 1 m rolls?

I've seen proper roofers do a proper shiite job, so don't worry about what "proper" roofers use

Buy and use whatever you like

My local trade only merchant does not stock 1.5m membranes
Mine neither. They used to and i did like the 1.5m especially for valleys.

1M rolls definitely does not equate to DIY.

What a silly statement.

Personal preference here is 1.5.. There's no real difference apart from speed of cover and less laps. maybe you gain a bit every two runs i guess.

Probably Catlad is meaning 1mtr roll is easier for DIY to which i'd agree.

Sorry about the confusion what I meant is that I would not recommend a 1.5m roll to diy'ers. Pro's can decide for themselves obviously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back