When would you use a boiler bracket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had a boiler installed (Veissmann 050W) and the installer has placed it on a big piece of chipboard and ontop of that is a boiler bracket. He said they are all installed that way but looking at reviews for this company I am seeing the same boiler, neatly installed onto the wall directly (as was our previous boiler).

I am trying to figure out the conditions where an installer would use chipboard AND a bracket over a direct install to the wall?

Not sure there's any issues with it aside from less tidy, but other issues that have cropped up are making me question some parts of this work!

Sponsored Links
Poor wall contruction, difficulty getting a fixing. Things like that...

Sponsored Links
Had to do that a number of times where the p/board is thin stuff, or the boiler bracket needs to go where an old balanced flue hole was, and I couldn't core drill the new brick/block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back