Where can I find some of this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a set of LED uplighters from Litecraft for locating in my patio.

Here: http://www.litecraft.co.uk/Products/Product.asp?id=3899

However, the provided cable does not stretch long enough for my application so I need some extension cable to allow the lights to be located at the relevant distance from the transformer.

The cable looks like the above except that I need 9 female-to-female IP44 (?) extension cables I presume?

I have looked all over the WWW but cannot find anywhere that manufactures this type of cable...

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
As the WWW site suggests, the lights were originally manufactured in Italy, but are now sourced from the Far East.

The vendor has been no use whatsoever in helping me ascertain who exactly to contact to do what you suggest. Typical modern-day supplier...not interested in the product just the sale....

Before I try and source cable from Timbuktu I thought someone electrically inclined (I'm not) might be able to point me to a local (i.e., in this country) vendor...

Thanks.

However, the provided cable does not stretch long enough for my application so I need some extension cable to allow the lights to be located at the relevant distance from the transformer.
Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Are you sure the transformer will allow you to extend all cables ?

Cheaper products tend to have a fixed tolerance and as such you may over work the transformers. Is there no way to centrally locate the transformers so they keep with the supplied leads ?

Sponsored Links
BTW - as soon as you diverge from the pre-assembled CE marked kit with integral plug & socket connections it becomes notifiable...

I'm trying to avoid access panels in the slate (which is 25-35mm thick)....by locating the transformers to the side of the patio...

Each light (3 lights per transformer) come with 5m of cable and I need 6m for one of the lights...

The LED's are 0.12W each, so each light is 1.2W...

I'm also trying to avoid just butchering the cables to achieve the end...this must be a familiar problem...

LED's are mounted in the ground everywhere....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back