Where can I get a dual cooker connection switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm connecting up 2 single ovens onto the existing cooker circuit. Rather than getting a dual outlet plate connector and then seperate switches I want to purchase a 2 gang with 2 switches so I can simply connect the existing 6mm cable to a double cooker switch and then 2.5mm cable to each appliance. There are lots of single cooker switches with a socket and lots of 2 gang single switches with only one outlet. I prefer to have a switch to isolate each cooker but would consider a single switch with a dual outlet. Is there any such item that I can purchase or do I have to use the dual appliance outlet plate and a separate switch (or 2 switch)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Rather than getting a dual outlet plate connector and then seperate switches
That's not the way it's done, but I suppose you could.

I want to purchase a 2 gang with 2 switches so I can simply connect the existing 6mm cable to a double cooker switch and then 2.5mm cable to each appliance.
Never seen a double cooker switch.

There are lots of single cooker switches with a socket
There are.
and lots of 2 gang single switches with only one outlet.
Are there? What are they for?

I prefer to have a switch to isolate each cooker
Ok.
Then you will need two single cooker outlet connectors.
but would consider a single switch with a dual outlet.
The switch only has one outlet.
You run a cable to a dual outlet connector as you started out

Is there any such item that I can purchase
I don't think so.
or do I have to use the dual appliance outlet plate and a separate switch (or 2 switch)
You use what you want to do what you want but in the right order.

Cooker switch>>>>>>Outlet connector>>>>>>oven
Cooker switch>>>>>>Outlet connector>>>>>>oven

or

Cooker switch>>>>>Dual outlet connector>>>>>Two Ovens

Sponsored Links
Why do you want two separate switches?

I must say, I think it's a good idea to have separate isolation. I've lost count the number of call outs I've attended, where people have had no cooking facilities at all because an element on either the hob or the oven had dropped to low IR and caused the RCD to trip.
With separate isolation switches, at least you can eliminate the offending appliance, yet still use the other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back