where do I go for help? (Neighbour/Tree dispute)

Just don't speak to the old bat! simples! :)

That's what we are going to do. (Mind you, she is not old. She is younger than us but I think she is 'daddies princess' who stamps her feet and gets her own way.) we tried to be polite but there is just no reasoning with some people so we are just going to stop them before they get chance speak next time. We get very stressed by the confrontation. Eventhough we handle it well when we are face to face but behind closed doors become a quivering jelly! I am determined this time to carry on and she is not going to stop me going about my business worrying i might see her.

Sponsored Links
There is just no winning with some people

There is no requirement for you to win anything as she has no case for you to answer.
There does seem to be quite a big loser in all this though ;)

There is no requirement for you to win anything as she has no case for you to answer.
There does seem to be quite a big loser in all this though ;)

I like it! This statement will get me through the day! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'm trying to find out how tall siver birch and cherry blossom trees grow and how long it takes to get to their full potential. I am sure they haven't grown that much in the last 8 years that we have lived here. they have been in many years before this. i am not having much look finding this info, any ideas?

Just don't speak to the old bat! simples! :)

That's what we are going to do. (Mind you, she is not old. She is younger than us but I think she is 'daddies princess' who stamps her feet and gets her own way.) we tried to be polite but there is just no reasoning with some people so we are just going to stop them before they get chance speak next time. We get very stressed by the confrontation. Eventhough we handle it well when we are face to face but behind closed doors become a quivering jelly! I am determined this time to carry on and she is not going to stop me going about my business worrying i might see her.

Have you considered Mediation?

Neighbour issues are often dealt with though mediation. It is a service that attempts to help neighbours come to terms with each other without taking sides or finding winners or losers.

Using law or local authority may not lead to a suitable outcome for either party whereas mediation allows both parties, if they wish, to negotiate a solution that is suitable and agreeable to both.

A local service to Tamworth if that is where you are, is here www.staffsmediation.co.uk Have a look at Community Mediation.

Regards

HKB

I'm trying to find out how tall siver birch and cherry blossom trees grow and how long it takes to get to their full potential. I am sure they haven't grown that much in the last 8 years that we have lived here. they have been in many years before this. i am not having much look finding this info, any ideas?

Very variable. I planted some silver birch 25 years ago. Some were whips and have grown to 35 feet (and more), some were container grown and have grown to about 15 feet and are anaemic looking to boot.

Try here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betula_pendula

Have you taken Thermo advice yet?

She came around again a few weeks later and I told her not to speak to us again, if she had anything to say she should put it in writing. i then told her i was going to close the door and I did. i thought if she comes again then I will pursue harassment as the stress she causes me (mainly due to the fact she doesn't listen to what i say, twists what i say and repeating myself constantly) has really pushed me to the limit this time. She hasn't spoke since. I don't agree with mediation as I have'nt done anything wrong, it is my garden and as they only block the sun for an hour or two a day (depending on time of the year) she shouldn't have an issue either. Unfortunately I live next to someone who obviously has everyone in her family twisted round her finger, but that wont happen with me. I do everything by the book and not to suit someone who sunbathes for a hobby. (I did think of telling her to work nights then she could sunbathe all day)
The council told us they told her there is no right to light so she knows this but chooses to ignore it, or changes tactics to say they are dangerous! A tree survey will cost £310.
Her baby is due in about 8 weeks so hopefully she will have something else to use her energy on then
Thanks for the support on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back