Where is my central heating pump???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hji guys

i currently have hot water but none of it is in my radiators! ive bl;ed all and they seem ok but still nothiong - last thing i can think of which was told to me in the past was to release air from pump - only thing is i cannot find it!! where can one of them be fitted? im worried somethings going to blow up!!

if and wheni find it - do i just turn the screw to remove air then tighten when water starts coming out - just like a radiator?

Any help appreciated

regs

sy

Sponsored Links
No idea, kev broke the crystal ball at the Chrismas party.

Boiler model and a tad more info and we could have a guess

Well I haven't read your other two posts, so how about telling us a bit about your system|? Contrary to popular belief, we can't read minds. I know, I know, hard to believe but there it is.

thanks for the replies guys - im currently huniting for my pump in the meantime can somebody explain how to remove air from it (generally speaking?). can it be dealt with whilst its on or do i have to ensure boiler is off or anything?

boiler is a baxi but will have to provide the details on it when i come back

regs

sy

Sponsored Links
symey said:
t........... im currently huniting for my pump in the meantime ...........

I can tell you it's not in there. Try somewhere else.

thanks for the useful comments oilman - neither of which helped me! finallly found my grundfoss selectric pump under the floorboards in the kitchen next to boiler. its very warm (as id expect?). i see a big screw on the front which i assume is the one used to vent air - can i do this any time or do i have to do anything prior to venting air?

as always, any help appreciated!

regs

thans doitall - im going to lossen that srcrew on my pump..

i havent managed to get an answer on what to do prior to doing this so i'll take my chances

thanks again

sy

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Symey, since you are determined not to give anything away about your system, try searching the forum for "bleeding pump" It's all there. Watch out, you could find your self with a spurt of steam and boiling water coming from the pump. I know what that indicates, and when you tell us something, I'll tell you what it is.

thanks oilman - have since found out what the cause was and have now fixed

thanks again for your input

ican just picture the scene...
its not working quick look on the internet, oh that site will do, posts question.
runs back looking for pump
runs back to computer out of breath, types next entry
runs back looking for pump
runs back to pc with next question, too busy to write properly, or READ
runs back to pump
runs back to pc with next brainwave
runs back to pump and uses common sense

Well that's tough then, pity you havan't told us anything about your system. Have fun, byeeee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back