Where the tiles meet the shower tray.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should point out that the tiles go inside the shower tray.

I have had one of those plastic "L" shaped trims where the tiles go down to the shower tray for over a year now. Despite my best attempts at sealing every gap with translucent sealer its still gets wet underneath the trim and mould forms. Bleach cleans it of course but is there a better, long lasting way of bridging that gap at the bottom of the tiles.

I guess a larg...ish bead of white sealer might do the trick but they have a habit of lifting and again, gaps appearing.

Sponsored Links
Ditch the trip, just use sealant.

What make/model of sealant have you been using?

How big is the gap?

Do you have any photos?

Not without the strip...

If I remember the gap is varied but is OK for a decent sized sealant bead...bigger than "normal" I suspect but it should be OK. For sticking the strip I have been using the shed sealant...nothing special. So a decent recomendation would be handy.... :)

I guess it depends on how big a bead is acceptable for a decent finish although I have never liked those strips...you always end up with dodgy corners and lifting......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back