Where to buy singles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage is wired in 2.5T&E at the moment inside 20mm conduit, when it was PIR'd recently the results were within acceptable tolerances, he thought the insulation was probably starting to break down and suggest I should replace it with singles.

Just wondering where woul be best to purchase the singles in terms of quality/value.

The garage is 15m in length and has a double socket roughly every 1.5m down either side, however realistically I am never going to need that many so intend to reduce the amount by half.

Sponsored Links
Any wholesaler, screwfix, TLC and so on will have singles.
However you will end up with 100m of each, so not worthwhile to buy for a single job.

If the cable really does need replacing, it will be cheaper to use T+E as you have now.

However, what were the test results for the cable? Seems unlikely that T+E inside conduit would be deteriorating to the extent it needed replacement.

I had to remove a socket about a month ago (fitted some metal shelving to the wall and it was in the way) when I stripped back the cable it had oxidised quite badly inside the insulation, probably about a foot backwards from the cable ends, which probably goes some way to explaining the not so good readings.

I shall post of his figures from the PIR when I get home later, however its well out compared to the other ring circuits in the house.

I agree I could use T&E however singles would be easier to pull thru.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back