where to get a chain stay hole stopper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a small cloakroom basin with two tap holes, slotted overflow and a chain stay hole. This was the only configuration in which a basin was available to fit our very small downstairs loo.

Due to the small size of basin, we'd like to use a rotary plug/waste, i.e. the type where the plug stays in the hole but flips over.

This leaves the small problem of the chain stay hole.

Where can I buy a blanking plate or hole stopper to fill the chain stay hole - about the size of a pencil. Obviously I could fill it with silicone sealand, but I'd like something more durable. Any suggestions?

R

Sponsored Links
Mirror screw into a lightweight plasterboard plug in hole in basin?
p4765936_l.jpg

Crosshead machine screw with a clip-on platic cover as used to assemble flat-pack furniture?
p4765921_l.jpg
p4765916_l.jpg

Nylon car number plate fixing screw?

You could buy a plug and chain set and just fit the bolt that goes through the basin.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions. The mirror screws would work, but may stick out too much aesthetically - the basin is really small, screwfix code 93495.

The two-part plasic screw covers would again stick out a bit. The slimmer single-part screw covers wouls be OK. I've got a few in the cupboard somewhere and may give it a try. Hopefully the basin and plastic will be the same shade of white!

Alternatively, we could use the chain stay bolt with the chain removed - I'd just imagined there was a neater way of doing it. It's a bit daft making a basin this size with a chain stay hole, since there's nowhere to put the plug when not in use!

thanks, Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back