where to site pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am having ensuite built and shower i want needs min2 bar max 3 bar so i need a pump looking at websites for stuart turner and salamander they need to be sited at base of hot water cylinder,however my cylinder cupbaord is very tight and i have no room at the base.
I have room just above the cylinder and this would be directly below my cold water storage tank can i site the pump here and if so would it need
a U bend below the pump to negate airlocks,your advice would be helpfull
daren. :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
darenmul1 said:
am having ensuite built and shower i want needs min2 bar max 3 bar so i need a pump looking at websites for stuart turner and salamander they need to be sited at base of hot water cylinder,however my cylinder cupbaord is very tight and i have no room at the base.
You can site the pump above the cylinder. If you do this then I'd advise using an Essex flange.

I have room just above the cylinder and this would be directly below my cold water storage tank can i site the pump here
Yes.

...and if so would it need a U bend below the pump to negate airlocks
Yes; or an Essex flange.

thanks for that mate you wouldnt know how much a plumber would charge for this sort of work would you?(in hartlepool) :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back