Where to start in a kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just wondered if the same principles apply when tiling a kitchen to tiling a bathroom?

Specifically, when I tiled the bathroom...
I battened the wall 1 tile height above the bath and tiled up from there.
Then I fitted the bath.
Then I fitted the last row of tiles - trimming them as necessary to fit around the bath.

I think this is recommended so that if you drop any tiles they don't damage the bath - or is there any other reason - like using the batten to get a level playing field?

Obviously in the kitchen I don't have the luxury of tiling before fitting the units, they're already in. I'm also working on the principle that may worktops are level.

Should I still batten the wall 1 row up and tile up from there - going back to fit the last row later? Or do you just tile straight on top of the worktops?

Thanks in advance,

C.

Sponsored Links
the worktops shouldnt be that far out.i just work from the work tops,using card from the tile boxes for packing IF the worktops are slightly out of level.

check w/top with spirit level..
centre cooker/hob.
from centre line of cooker/hob... "this is were you spend most time in kitchen so u dont want to be looking at differant cuts either end?"..

walk tiles to both corners checking cuts at sockets and in corners.

u may have to plunge cut some tiles at sockets or not.

Sponsored Links
you have had the correct advice here off the lads mate, the only thing i think i do different is, whatever wall is directly opposite me as i walk through the door,i start from the centre of that wall,( as that will be the focal point of the room, first place your eyes have contact with)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back