Where to take off my HW feed ?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Flipping heck lads.
I've got to plumb in my hot water for my shower pump and i'm a bit unsure of where to take it from. I know what it should have , i think , but this is what i've got.

Hot water cylinder.
I cant tell if it's a Surrey valve or not at the top but i've a 2 inch pipe at the top to which it then branches off at 90 ' which feeds the house hot water system with the rest carrying on as the vent to the tank in the loft.
Can i take a feed off the branch pipe even though it's horizontal ? I cant it off the down section of this pipe as it goes around the back of the cylinder and is impossible to reach.
Can i take a feed off the vent a little further up ?

Any thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
Read inst'n instructions for shower pump as they may insist that you have to cut a hole in cylinder & fit essex flange. Are you sure pipe @ top of cylinder is 2"

Surrey, Warwick or Essex flange, otherwise if you just T off the HW pipe you risk the pump sucking in air from the open vent.

I too would be surprised if it was a 2" pipe on the cylinder outlet :confused:

sorry my crap typing.....

what i meant was there's just 2 inch of pipe coming out if the top of the cylinder before it t's off 90'

it's 22mm pipe coming out.
Visually i dont know what 's coming out of the top be it Surrey , Essex or anything :rolleyes:

No poxy instructions with the Salamanda 1.5 bar pump :evil:

Sponsored Links
If there is only 1 22mm pipe off the cylinder then I doubt you have anything fitted.

You have a choice of removing the pipe and fitting off the top and putting in a surrey or warwick (could be warix, I'm having a senior moment :oops: :rolleyes: :LOL: ) fitting, or cutting a hole in the side and fitting an essex flange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back