Where's my leccy discount?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My latest bill from OVO shows my £66 electricity discount under 'refund'. However they have still taken the regular £127 DD from our account but there’s no sign of £66 being paid in. Has anybody here had their 'refund/discount' yet?

Sponsored Links
Octopus applied a £66 credit labelled 'HM Government Discount Energy Bills Support Scheme' to my account on 6th October and reduced my monthly direct debit accordingly.

Eonnext 66 credit labelled same as lower`s above

Mine flopped into my bank account unannounced.

On 7th October

I was not expecting it, I had the idea it would be a credit on my energy bill

I downloaded the bill and it was mentioned there.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
i have had an email saying that my DD will be reduced by £66 , and then £67 from december and then £1 credit
DD and when I get the Bill is around the 23rd- so wait and see if it is applied correctly

Mine flopped into my bank account unannounced.

On 7th October

I was not expecting it, I had the idea it would be a credit on my energy bill

I downloaded the bill and it was mentioned there.
Yep, ours came back to our account today too. I assumed they would reduce our £127 by £66 but they just DD'd us as usual on the 8th and gave it back today.

yeah, got mine on bulb, need to make sure their dd is reduced though, they are scheming asses these days

If the energy price is rocketing, surely you need go keep paying your direct debit, and the taxpayer subsidy, in an attempt to cope with the bigger bills.

If the energy price is rocketing, surely you need go keep paying your direct debit, and the taxpayer subsidy, in an attempt to cope with the bigger bills.
I pay DD based on monthly meter readings, it is not fixed, so need to check that they actually deduct the bill less the £66.

Octopus reduced my DD as above, I put it back up again.
Octopus have a forecast tool that scares the poop out of ya, showing how much I will owe them come next April.

I'm in credit and prefer to stay that way, the little interest it earns is nothing compared to how much I will owe (according to suggested figures).

Ours is not rocketing though. It’s fixed until October 2023 and even at £127 a month, we have a substantial overpayment building up.

EB8D1589-3177-45A1-842F-09BEAE2B4D6F.png

So energy have applied 2 x £66 to my account, and are taking the regular monthly DD

Quite happy to build some credit up.

Ours is not rocketing though. It’s fixed until October 2023 and even at £127 a month, we have a substantial overpayment building up.

View attachment 286205
you should be roughly 2 d/d payment in advance at this time off year turning to around zero in february then in debt till around april when it goes back to around zero around august so your £376 is indeed 3 months in credit

Sponsored Links
Back