which Adobe version?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which would be the most suitable Adobe version for a PC newcomer? I guess what i need is the Adobe reader for downloading PDF's, but i dont want the Google Chrome that seems to come wrapped with the Adobe 10 reader. Maybe they can be unwrapped? Please advise.

Sponsored Links
Most free programs nowadays come with toolbars or browsers with the installation pack. You just have to be careful when installing to read EVERY page that displays and deselect any of the extras that you do not want, before clicking Next or Install.
Usually best to select 'Custom Install' if not sure and follow my suggestion above.

You do not use a PDF Reader to download PDFs, it is only used to open them for display.

For a good PDF Reader try Foxit Reader. just select which version of Windows you have and click Download.

dave

Dave, thanks for your reply. I've looked at Foxit (and Sumatra). What i need for the time being is a read only, very small pdf reader and Sumatra seems to fit the bill. Do you have any further opinions or possibilities.

Sponsored Links
Back