Which ADT alarm does this house have?

Sponsored Links
Funny thing is that's a gardtec 800 series plastic case ... Nothing to do with the honeywell alarm it may have had an alarm before the honeywell one or it may be an empty box !

Hi all,

Yes your on the right lines.....I called out an independent alarm company to assess the installation. They had access to a number of ADT alarm codes his assessment was as follows....

At last some clarity.....it looks like the property originally had a wired alarm system, using that "beige" box in next to the water tank. This links through to all the window sensors, and off to the wired alarm box onto the front of the house.

Then at some point ADT have been called, they've then installed the three "boxes" described earlier. This connects through to the wireless PIRs and links to the phone line.

The bottom line is the existing setup would take too long to fix, sort etc. So we concluded it would be easier to fix a new alarm system. To be honest the guy identified a number of problems with the current install so I agree the best way forward is to remove the "bits" and replace.

The main issue now is the house has laminate flooring, casing problems for any wired install. The engineer said he would normally recommend a wired install but in this case a wireless may be the best option.

1. As the beige box location has power, I'm looking to replace the beige box with a new panel at the same location.
2. I'd like it to call me if the alarm goes off.
3. I don't want to use any form of window sensors.
4. I will install about 7 wireless PIRs
5. A front door sensor is needed
6. I don't need a keypad next to the front door but do plan to use wireless key fob.

I'm assuming these requirements are compatible with each other....

So can the good people out there please recommend a decent wireless system to meet my needs....or is the answer still the Galaxy g2? :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back